We like to give our tenants as much local info possible on the areas we have our flats in, so here is our Bayswater area guide. We hope you find it useful!
The Red Residential Bayswater area guide
Located just North of Hyde Park in the West of Central London, Bayswater is a very attractive, popular and cosmopolitan neighbourhood next to the other fashionable areas of Notting Hill and Marble Arch. Bayswater has a great mix of smart residential streets and excellent shopping areas, and of course direct access to the gorgeous Kensington Gardens.
Much of the housing in Bayswater is made up of smart and large white stucco fronted buildings, that are 4 or 5 stories high. These buildings are often split up into flats and many are arranged around very attractive garden squares such as this one below:
There are also a lot of hotels in the Bayswater area as it is a very popular place for tourists to base themselves when exploring London. This is because Bayswater is central, has good transport links to the rest of the city, and is a attractive and safe neighbourhood.
Most of the attractions, facilities, shops, cafe’s, pubs and restaurants in Bayswater are found clustered around the street of Queensway and the area around Paddington Station. Queensway is a bustling thoroughfare with Kensington Gardens at one end, and boasts 2 tube stations (Queensway on the Central Line and Bayswater on the District & Circle Line), a huge variety of resturants, bars and cafe’s and the large Whitleys shopping centre.
The excellent transport links of Queensway are only beaten by Paddington Station which is one of London’s main train stations. Here there are several tube lines, overland trains to the suburbs and beyond to the West of England and Wales, and the very useful Heathrow Express which is the fastest way to get to London’s main airport. The station offers everything you would expect form a large terminus and there is a good choice of Hotels and restaurants etc. in the surrounding streets.
Here are our 5 favourite places and things in Bayswater!
- Whiteleys- large shopping centre with everything you could need. There is a cinema, M&S, internet access, lots of cafe’s and restaurants, lots and lots of shops and even a bowling alley.
- Kensington Gardens (Hyde Park)- one of the best parks in any city anywhere in the world! A wonderful place to relax and unwind at any time of the year.
- Some of the best restaurants in London- The Royal China and Mandarin Kitchen in Queensway (Chinese), Khans in Westbourne Grove (Indian), Helepi in Leinster Terrace (Greek), Satay House in Sale Place (Malaysian), Rodizio Rico in Westbourne Grove (Brazilian), Le Cafe Anglais in Whiteleys (French)… the list goes on…
- Beautiful architecture- the grand white buildings of Bayswater are very smart, particularly when arranged around a well maintained garden square.
- Great transport links- with tube stations at Queensway (Central Line), Bayswater (District & Circle Line), Paddington (District & Circle Line, Bakerloo Line, Hammersmith & City Line) the area must be one of the best connected in the whole of London. In addition there is overland services and the Heathrow Express form Paddington and a huge number of buses to every corner of the capital.